Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My 18th Tea Time Tuesday & Teacup and Tea Things Tuesday























Hi everyone....Happy Tea Tuesday to all of you. You know what? I actually had coffee this morning...It's feels like I'm committing scandal...BUT coffee is so lovely on a  Tuesday morning.

You might remember this cup from an earlier post. I'll be reposting photos for awhile because I  haven't had the opportunity to find new tea things...So maybe instead I'll entertain you with some "cup of tea" talk :) :)

Lots of things are happening lately...the big one being that work is really  keeping me busy. That's a good thing, because it means a paycheck. Last night I cried and cried because I didn't want to be at work today .  However, once I got there I was so blessed by my coworkers. Plus, I started a different project at work that involves calling businesses. It's really interesting and there are seven other people that work with me. They're really interesting...ad I've been praying that God would help me to be a good example to them...of Jesus Christ and a good work ethic, too!!!  We are doing cold-calling which is tough....most of the time the businesses we call are very polite!!!  Still...I just tried to encourage everyone because they're doing so well....and they need a confidence boost.

I am struggling with keeping a grateful heart about work...so I'd appreciate your prayers that God would just overwhelm my thoughts with good things...attitude of thankfulness...joy...etc!!!!  Thanks!!!

What else...oh I almost forgot....every once in awhile I'll tell you stories about these homeless kitties that roam the apartment complex. Lately this orange/white cat   (I named him Sherbet).keeps trying adopt my dad and I...well, this morning (while it was still dark)  my dad and I left to drive me to work. This little cat was waiting for us...on purpose...I'm sure of it.. and he jumped out from behind the tree and started meowing all cute and sweet. Oh goodness...my heart melted and I wanted to "adopt" him right then and there. Nope....can't do it, until I can afford a pet deposit...but I do pray for these cats ...that God would look out for them and give them safe place to rest at night and get out of the rain!!!

Hmm...I"m a bit of a rambler today...there's lots going on...I'm crafting...working..sleeping.  Still....so thankful for a job....and a nice home waiting for me after work......On that note, I'm going to jump into my warm flannel nightgown. It's so perfect on cold winter days!!!  My dad laughs at me and says I look like I"m a character on "Little House on the Prairie" :)  Well, I hope you are having a good week so far. That's the news from Oregon. Love and hugs, Heather :)

p.s. The sheer ribbon tied to the handle of my teacup...that was what my friend Linda used to   package one of the cute items she sent me awhile back :) :) :)  I kept the packaging and the ribbon :)

8 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Heather,
Love the teacup so pretty. I've missed you! Those little kittens sound so sweet, wish you were able to keep one for yourself, they are such a joy to have around. Sorry to hear work has been stressing you, when I read about you crying I just wanted to rush over and give you a great big hug! Hang in there sweetie, it has to get better! I will be praying for you. Hope the rest of your week is wonderful!

Blessings,
Jill

Linda Stubbs said...

Hello my sweet friend, I know what you mean about work. I am learning to be content in whatever situation like never before. I have been thinking on the things that I need to be grateful for on our new job together as a family. Just that in its self is a blessing. Hmm, I will ask the Lord to help you think on those things. You are so kind to go out and help provide for you and your Daddy!!!!!!!!! The Lord will bless you for that ONE!

Hugs........off to that place I am trying to be grateful for. Heehee.........I do get to pray also for people I would never have the opportunity to pray for.

Love you sweet friend.......so glad the ribbon came in handy. That was the second thing I noticed. Adorable teacup first! Wish I could share a cup of tea with you! HEAVEN!
me

Becky said...

Good to see your post this morning. I used to "have tea" with my Grandma at about 3 in the afternoon and she always had some type of cookie or dessert bread to go with it.

I hope that today is a beautiful day for you!
Becky

Kim B said...

Hello there. I will be praying for you. I love rambling, I enjoy doing it ...or rather I do it way too much. I hope you have nice day and evening and hopefully you will be able to post some crafting soon :) until then I enjoy your just talking to us. Personally, I feel like I want to adopt all strays however we just cant afford to do so. Hugs, Kim

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Heather, your little teacup is very cute! Thank you for sharing it today. I'm happy to hear you are thankful for your job. Even though our Thanksgiving was celebrated last month, it is good to hear my American friends talking about being thankful. Attitude is so important and having an attitude of gratitude can take us a very long way. Have a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Annesphamily said...

I am always so happy to see you stop by! I know how tough work can be. In fact one of the gals I work with loves the "Moose tracks" popcorn. I see it in the Harry&David catalog. I was thinking of you. We are still waiting on the house although each day Dave the financial guy encourages us that we are one day closer to owning that house. Please keep praying. I am hopeful that through the graciousness of God we will own that home. He threw up all these roadblocks to renting. I am hoping that is why! I posted a pic of the outside of the house on my Alphabe Thursday H post. It is a double part so I hope you checked it out! Hugs to you and your dad. I am always thinking of you and praying as well. Blessings Anne

Beth said...

Hello Heather, I am sorry work is stressful. I know you are trying hard to lift your chin up with prayer and attitude adjustment. Life is hard sometimes, and I pray that God will guide you through these times and give you peace and joy. I enjoyed hearing about the kitties. I hope someone is feeding them. We've had a lot of stray cats over the years in our neighborhood. We had gotten it down to just having one, who lives in our backyard but now I am seeing another. He is super friendly. I called him today and initially he wouldn't come; when I opened the door to come back in the house,he came right away. He lived in someone's house; did they just let him out to take care of himself? Breaks my heart...
Beth

Beautifully Veiled said...

Heather, I know this is an old post, but I'll be praying for you and your job. I was in sales forever and HATED cold calling. Stick me in an office and let me design marketing campaigns, but please don't make me cold-call. **Sigh** I'll truly be praying for you!!!
Linda