Sunday, March 4, 2012

IT MAKES "CENTS" TO ME SUNDAY FOR MARCH 4th.

Hi everyone,
Okay, I'm a bit late with my "It makes cents to me" post for Friday.  It's on Sunday this time around ;) :)  This is what I spent for the week of February 25th thru March 2nd.  This particular week was really tight financially, so I didn't spend very much. That was because I literally didn't have it to spend.

Here's a photo of a vintage reproduction napkin holder from the Homer Loughlin China Company. What does that have to do with anything? Tune in on Tuesday to find out:
































Here's what I spent for this particular week:

February 28th, 2012 - Tuesday: $21.98 at Whole Foods:
- 2 squares of chocolate $0.54 - a  "want, not a need"
- 20 oz. drip coffee with cream/sugar $1.90 - a "want, not a need"
- organic, grass-fed lean ground beef
- bulk dry rub applewood bacon
- Dagoba organic, dark chocolate bar $2.69 - a "want, not a need"
- $1 donation to Whole Foods-sponsored charity


February 29th, 2012 - Wednesday: $25.63 at Whole Foods:
- Bulk, dry rub applewood bacon
- 2 pastries $4.58 - a "want, not a need" Oh, not to mention, that it was a flagrant violation of my gluten-free living :) :)
- 1 classic roast chicken


March 2nd, 2012 - Friday: $1.90 at Whole Foods:
- 20 oz. drip coffee with cream/sugar $1.90 - a "want, not a need"


I clearly buy a LOT of coffee!! Too much, maybe.  Overall, my spending was okay, but that was more because it was the end of the month, and the budget is leaner than lean.


I hope you all had a great weekend.  That's the news from California today. Love and hugs, Heather :)

4 comments:

Under Her Wings said...

I have had to quit drinking coffee because I can't have caffeine--sure saves on coffee--but now I spend it on herbal teas. But I think I spend less on tea than coffee.

Julie said...

Heather... You inspire me! Seeings as how I am tracking every bite that goes in my mouth right now, I would be totally overwhelmed with tracking everything I spend too. But I WILL do this once I get completely on track with my diet.

Keep up the fabulous job girl!

Julie

Jessica Heights said...

You can never have too much coffee! ;)

Annesphamily said...

I hope you will find work soon!It is a tough economy out there! Blessings Anne