Friday, December 20, 2013

IT MAKES "CENTS" TO ME FOR FRIDAY - DECEMBER 20th




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hi everyone,
 
How have you been? I've recovered from being sick. The antibiotics that I have been taking have really worked their magic and the sinus infection is G-O-N-E.
 
The photo I posted above was one that I took a few days ago when I was out at Asilomar State Beach and it reminded me of how God can still the storm-tossed waves of our lives. 
 
So I've been working on a financial plan of getting out of student loan debt and then I got thrown a curve ball the other day.  I'm still working on saving up a $1000 emergency fund when an unexpected expense for the dentist came up. I have to save up money for an xray before I can continue in my orthodontic/braces treatment. 
 
So sometimes when things like this happen, other wants get put on hold....again...and that  might be the situation here. I'm not sure yet.
 
One thing I have decided to do is tithe 10% of my gross paycheck. I started doing that last week and I'm going to continue to do that with each paycheck.  It's just something that I felt like God had been laying on my heart for awhile. It's all His money anyway and I just manage it...and I'm simply giving back what belongs to Him first.
 
I think it will look different for everyone and I firmly believe that we can also tithe with our time and talents when money is really tight. 
 
I've noticed a couple of things: 1) somehow my budget is working out and everything is getting covered, even inspite of me tithing 10% off the top of each paycheck 2) You can never outgive God.
 
I know that the money I give will be put to good use for people in need.  
 
That's just where I am at right now.  I got paid today and haven't given every dollar a name yet, other than to budget for my tithe.
 
The Christmas holiday season at work is still crazy, but once I can get past Monday, it will be smooth sailing ;) :) I'm so looking forward to Monday.
 
That's the news from the ocean shores of California today.
 
Love and hugs, Heather :)

3 comments:

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

So glad you are feeling better. Tithing is important and we do it as well. Times are tight but we are making as well. Hang in there,holidays in retail are crazy and glad I don't work in a store that has alot of shoppers for gift buying. We do sell quite a few things at the hardware store for gifts though. I did a bit of shopping there myself this year. Merry Christmas! God bless you!

Judy said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling better. I know it's not fun being sick, my husband and I just got over being sick and it seems like life just stops :(

It sounds like you have a similar financial plan as we do, since moving here to Southwest Wisconsin 3 1/2 years ago and leaving our old church we haven't tithed, we really need to start doing that again.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Carole said...

Glad you are feeling better! Happy New Year! Cheers!